We know you. We know you’re all curious, intelligent, engaged, and currently staying home a lot. In all likelihood, you’re nearing the end of your Netflix queue and craving more diverse and stimulating entertainment.
Our go-to streaming service for arthouse, foreign, and experimental films has been Filmatique. Their curation emphasizes depth rather than volume, consciously working against the grain of consumption-driven business models which encourage us to just click, “Next.” Filmatique offers a more expansive perspective as the destination for works from new and exciting directors across the globe.
Here’s why we’re watching Filmatique and why we recommend it:
- They release 1 new film per week accompanied by filmmaker interviews and exclusive essays written by academics, curators and journalists around the world. There’s something for every interest
- Curated monthly series organized around specific thematic, aesthetics, or geographic focuses
- You can easily watch everything from your TV, phone, tablet, or computer
- Currently streaming acclaimed titles like Barbara, Sacro GRA, and Ixcanul
- For a limited time, use this link to sign up for a free 3-month trial ($15 value!)